How to Work with ACT on Windows Terminal Server and Citrix App Server
QwikQuote the business sales Quoting Software, Invoicing Software Integrated with Outlook, BCM, ACT, ACT APFW, GoldMine, TeleMagic, Maximizer, SalesLogix, and QuickBooks with Quotation Templates for Sales Quotes can be easily integrated with your other software in the Windows Terminal Server and Citrix App Server to form up an low cost and high efficient sale quotes processing setup in middle to large companies and corporations.
There are 2 major benefits to use QwikQuote your quotation software and invoice software on a typical Windows Terminal Server and Citrix App Server environment:
Easier in install, test, support, and maintain your quotation
software and invoice software system in many years to come.
This is because you only need to install, test, check, update, backup, etc. right on the host server itself saving time and efforts for setup, support, and update on many different client workstations. In typical middle to large companies and corporations this is a significantly saving in the many years of running your business quotation software and invoice software system for sales quotes processing.
2. Your sales forces can access your quotation software and invoice software system either in the office or from home actually anywhere that is able to connect to your host server by either public internet or private network. This is far more convenient for your salespersons and it is sure to lead to higher efficiency of your sales forces with your business quotation software and invoice software system.
This article is focused
on tech support, debugging and problem resolving for your business quotation
software and invoice software purposes with background ideas and checking
points you need to review on your quotation software and invoice software setup.
For normal QwikQuote setup and install on the Windows Terminal Server and
Citrix App Server Users, please refer to the following page for details.
http://www.qwikquote.com/HowTo_HTML/QwikQuote Installation Notes Terminal Server and Citrix Server Users.htm
http://www.qwikquote.com/HowTo_HTML/QwikQuote Installation Notes.htm
The following points are not for a step by step process in checking your business quotation software and invoice software setup. Instead, you are supposed to think about the points below in combine with the reality of your sales quotation software and invoice software system and jump to the point you know that needs to be reviewed.
Having any suggestion, question and/or encounter any issue that might not considered correctly herein or you encounter other issue regarding QwikQuote in your business quotation software and invoice software, you are welcome to contact us at email@example.com or call us at +220.127.116.1101 or +1.248.438.8653.
Please consider and check the following points:
1. In typical cases, when you encounter issue with QwikQuote working with ACT, try to check by following the steps in the What to do After ACT Update at the following page: http://www.qwikquote.com/HowTo_HTML/What to do After ACT Update.htm
2. QwikQuote need to run the share multi-instance copy that is named as QQuote6_Citrix.exe. Try to setup and configure QwikQuote to run as normal network on the terminal server first. After confirmed it works OK and then rename the QQuote6_Citrix.exe to QQuote6.exe. This will allow QwikQuote to run multiuser instance when more than one user logon to the terminal server.
3. To work with ACT, QwikQuote and ACT must running on the same computer. In another word, ACT must run the shared copy on the Terminal server too.
To confirm ACT is loading the QwikQuote plugin correctly, try
to look at the last menu item on the Tools menu that should read as QwikQuote
Live Links to ACT, such as screenshot shown below:
When QwikQuote runs in the multiuser mode, it will write a
flag in the QQuote6.INI file as below:
You can check if the flag is correctly written. If not, it might be not in the multiuser mode.
Note: User need access rights to the System Disk:\Windows folder to read the QQuote6.INI file.
And check if the file has the above value set.
Since both QwikQuote and plugins module in ACT need to read
and write XML files in the ACT Plugins folder you should set all
QwikQuote users to have FULL Control rights over ACT Plugins folder,
similar as screenshot shown below:
When run in the multiuser mode, when communicate with the
QwikQuote plugins in ACT will user the login user name as the prefix of the XML
files user to get contact information, product information, as well as active
quote information, similar as screenshot for user SFan shown below.
Note: If you cannot see as above, there might be flag issue or rights issue.
If both flag and rights are OK, then you should check the right QwikQuote DLL group 1s used.
If the ACT is already running before your re-name QQuote6_Citrix.exe
to QQuote6.exe, you need to run QwikQuote first, and then you need to close ACT
and then re-start ACT again so that it will works as supposed to be for
multiusers working environment.
Note: This only needs to be done once. After that you can run in whatever starts first you prefer to.
9. If still not able to resolve the problem, contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org for a GoToMeeting support so that we can work with you together to check and resolve the issue.